The Installation Technician 1 candidate will be responsible for new residential customer premises Internet installations, and servicing of customers after install. Attention to detail, good workmanship, and excellent personal skills in this customer facing role is important. Being prompt and professional are critical to the success of this candidate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities will include:
- Install and maintain Towerstream’s wireless Internet equipment for residential and commercial installations.
- Professionally route cabling into homes, install microwave dish antennas, aim for peak signal, and conduct test and turn-up to deliver a complete installation to our customers.
- Use of laptop computers, networking gear, and various software
- Survey customer locations to identify clear Line Of Sight paths to the Towerstream network towers.
- Maintain a high level of professional expertise.
- Attention to the customer needs and focus on giving them the best experience possible
- Maintain proper inventory levels in vehicle and assist with warehouse duties to maintain proper market stocking levels.
- Attention to maintaining a daily schedule
- Documenting completed tasks at the end of each job.
- Current OSHA 10 or 30 Hour Certification Preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrate knowledge of data and wiring industry standards
- Working knowledge of RF industry standards a plus
- Ability to work with hand and power tools used in the installation of wireless and networking equipment.
- Previous experience in Wireless, 2-Way, cable TV, or computer network installation a plus.
- Working knowledge of Ubiquity products helpful
- Versed in PC usage and basic networking skills (Configure IP addresses, log into routers, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate technical information in non-technical terms
- Ability to work off hours and On Call
- Appropriate vehicle for this type of work required (Truck or SUV to carry ladders, antennas, mounting hardware, electronics, and tools)
- Able to work from ladders and on rooftops in a safe manner.
- To work independently and effectively with minimal supervision.
The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned. The inclusion of which would be in conformity with the factor degrees assigned to this job.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Work Location: On the road